Sunday, October 13, 2013

Hello from Kent, WA

Hello from Kent, WA

Sunday Afternoon ,  October 13, 2013   (First travelogue of this trip).

Or, should the title be “Hello from Kent, WA – for the umpteenth time” {grin}

Yes, I am back in Kent and have been for the past two weeks.  I was able to fly back for a couple of days (Oct. 4/5), but I am staying over this weekend.  I will fly home on Thursday and then fly back on the following Sunday.  If you got lost in that sentence, it might be easier to say that I am here most of the month of October.

The good news is that Pat and I will be traveling back to Washington the last week of October and will return to Evergreen a bit before Thanksgiving.  During that time, I will teach two classes and we will play tourists for a bit over two weeks.  You can't believe how I am looking forward to that trip.  We have some neat sightseeing plans and plans to visit two great friends.

When I was here several times before this hectic October schedule, the weather was great.  However, it has been quite rainy and cold this month.  It sounds like next week will be a little better. 

Part of the reason for all of the October activity is that I am getting qualified to teach additional classes at Boeing.  Most of the new ones deal with checking for geometrical alignment problems on large machining centers.  I have done my audits for two of the classes and will finish the co-teach process next week and the following week.

That will give NTT a lot of flexibility with resources.  They are in a bind right now.  It will also keep me about as busy as I want to be.  Indeed, I am scheduled to do two Boeing classes a month for November through February (as far as the schedule goes right now).  In addition, NTT has a very aggressive “public” schedule for the first half of 2014.  I suspect they will ask me to do several of those classes as well.

Traveling has always presented a “health” problem for me, as I tend to not be as active, nor do I eat well.  I did a mini physical a couple of weeks ago when I was home and the doctor was very pleased with my health status.  Obviously we both agree that I need to loose weight, but he did not bring it up.  I kind of wish he would have lowered the boom on me {grin}.  However, I took the bull by the horns and have been eating healthy salads for lunch, cutting back of my typical “comfort foods”, etc.  In addition, I have been riding the exercise bike for 30 minutes most days.

Unless something comes up, I probably won't post again until Pat and I start our “road trip”.

No comments: