Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Hello from Rochester, MN

Hello from Rochester, MN

Tuesday evening ,  September 17, 2013   (First travelogue of this trip).

I am in Rochester, MN at the Hampton Inn (map).

As you may recall, I was in Seattle last week.  I got home late Friday night and left of this trip Sunday afternoon (left the house about 9:30).  Just enough time for Pat to wash my clothes.

This week I am “auditing” a vibration analysis class.  This class is new to NTT and two of us will be prepared to teach the class.  I am excited about this subject, as I did some related work when I was with Gates.  It is a pretty technical subject and will be a bit of a challenge to teach it to non-engineers. 

I will be here for three days.  The customer, an independent power generation plant is out in the boondocks in very beautiful farmland.  The weather yesterday was great, but today it is misting rain and pretty cool.

As I write this, things are going crazy with my schedule.  Pending some decisions by NTT, I could be in Seattle the first four weeks in October and traveling with Pat (via car) back to Seattle the fifth week.  Quite a bit of this “overload” is to bring me up to speed on two classes involving 3 and 5 axis machining centers.  When I first heard about these classes, I kind of wished I was involved, and it looks like that will happen.  You can't believe how many times I have said “be careful what you wish for.....”

Getting prepared to teach these new classes (I am already on the schedule to teach them in the next three months) is really challenging my love to learn new things.  My poor old tired brain is really squirming inside this old bald head {big grin}.

That is all for this trip.

No comments: