Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Hello from Grass Valley, CA

Hello from Grass Valley, CA

Tuesday morning ,  October 29, 2013   (Second travelogue of this trip).

I wanted to do a quick post today.  I will catch up on Wendover Airfield in another post.

Yesterday was an interesting day of driving.  We turned the windshield wipers on when we left the hotel and had them on virtually the whole trip – about 500 miles.  During part of the trip, we hit some pretty good snow.  The local TV stations are making a big deal about the big snow on Donner pass.  We did see a lot of snow, but the roads were fine.  We were not concerned, as the truck is a 4X4.

We are staying at the Holiday Inn Express in Grass Valley (map).  With all my traveling, I build up a  lot of points.  We are staying here using some of those points.  That is a good thing, since the rates are in the  $150 range.

In a few minutes I will be heading out to visit a great friend.  Steve is the owner of RCD Engineering (link).  I first met Steve in the '90s when I was the blower belt representative for Gates.  We became good friends and try to see each other when we can.  Some folks liken us to twins.  Indeed, he is as close to a brother as I can imagine.  Tonight, we will probably go to dinner with our wives – both are Pat.

That is all for now.

No comments: