Monday, June 9, 2014

Hello from Houma, LA



Hello from Houma, LA

Monday evening,  June 9, 2014   (First post of this travelogue)

Well we got home from Iowa on Friday and I flew to New Orleans on Sunday.  I am currently staying at the Wingate hotel in Houma (map).  This trip is do teach a shaft alignment class at the BP training headquarters.  It is a two day class and I fly home tomorrow night. 

The BP training facilities are fantastic.  The building appears to be very new and  training rooms are very well equipped.  They provide free a buffet breakfast and lunch for the folks attending the training classes (several going on at once). 

There are five students and they are really great to work with.  This is the second shaft alignment class I have taught with the new laser alignment equipment.  It makes a huge difference in the quality of the class.  Besides that, the student love to play with our new “toy”.

Last night and tonight I have eaten Cajun food (I am in the heart of Cajun country).  Sunday night was an OK tourist type place, but tonight another instructor and I went to a well known local restaurant (1921 Seafood bar (link) ).  I tried the boiled Crawfish (see photo below) and it was great.  I also had two (!) bowls of fantastic “After the Boil Soup” which is kind of a seafood gumbo.  YUM!  And I am not a seafood lover!




That is all for now (been up since 3:00 and getting very tired).

No comments: